Course: Surgical periodontal treatment
The main objective of this PerioCentrum course in non-surgical periodontology is to provide training in all of the latest concepts of periodontal treatment. The module provides for an exhaustive review of the surgical techniques available, with a particular focus on the justification, suitability and therapeutic objectives of each technique as a function of various clinical situations. The course contains extensive theoretical content. The theory is developed through:
■ Lectures and the review of the most relevant articles in clinical periodontal literature.
■ Interactive seminars on treatment plans. The aim of the practical component of this course is to familiarise those present with the techniques and instruments required to carry out surgical periodontal treatment.
We apply our successful classical made-to-measure training format, focussing all of our efforts on small groups of no more than 15 people and offering a teacher-student ratio of 1/3.
- Thursday, February 22
- 16:00 - 16:30
- Presentation of the course and submission of documentation.
- 16:30 - 18:00
- Access and exenterative periodontal surgery. Justification, suitability and objectives. Surgical instruments. Dra. Mercedes López.
- 18:00 - 18:30
- 18:30 - 19:30
- Description of incisions, bone surgery and sutures. Post-operative instructions. Dra. Nerea Sánchez.
- 19:30 - 20:30
- Exenterative treatment of molars with the allocation of furca. Dra. María Mínguez.
- Friday, February 23
- 09:00 - 10:30
- Techniques for periodontal surgery in the anterior area. Dra. Nerea Sánchez.
- 10:30 - 11:30
- Classification of bone problems. Selection of the case. Dra. Nerea Sánchez.
- 11:30 - 12:00
- 12:00 - 13:30
- Regenerative periodontal surgery. Clinical instructions. Surgical techniques for managing the papilla. Dr. Alberto Ortiz-Vigón.
- 13:30 - 15:30
- 15:30 - 16:30
- Biomaterials used in periodontal regeneration: Proteins derived from enamel matrix (Emdogain), membranes and biomaterials. Dr. Daniel Rodrigo.
- 16:30 - 20:00
- Practice on pigs’ heads. Dra. Mínguez, Dra. Laguna, Dra. López, Dra. Sánchez.
- The aim of the practical component is to impart the details of surgery to ensure a correct grasp of the techniques described. This practice will be performed on the jaws of a pig.
- Saturday, February 24
- 09:30 - 11:30
- Concept and treatment of altered passive eruption. Technique to extend crown due to cavities or preprosthetic extension. Dr. Ramón Lorenzo.
- 11:30 - 12:00
- 12:00 - 14:00
- Periodontal plastic surgery. Diagnosis and possibilities of treatment. Dr. Iñaki Suárez.
- 14:00 - 15:30
- 15:30 - 19:00
- Plan for surgical treatment using clinical cases. Dra.Nerea Sánchez y Dra. Mercedes López.