Course: Non-surgical periodontal treatment
The main objective of this PerioCentrum course in non-surgical periodontology is to provide training in all of the latest concepts of periodontal diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and maintenance to ensure that the patient with periodontal disease is managed in a safe manner.
The course contains extensive theoretical content. The theory is developed through:
■ Lectures and the review of the most relevant articles in clinical periodontal literature.
■ Interactive seminars on treatment plans. The aim of the practical component of this course is to familiarise those present with the techniques and instruments required to carry out non-surgical periodontal t
We apply our successful classical made-to-measure training format, focussing all of our efforts on small groups of no more than 15 people and offering a teacher-student ratio of 1/3.
Madrid PerioCentrum training room
C/ Reina Mercedes, 17 (28020)
Friday 9 and Saturday 10 February 2018
Time: Friday from 8:30 to 20:00 and Saturday from 9:00 to 20:15
- Friday, February 9
- 8:30 - 9:00
- Presentation of the course and submission of documentation.
- 9:00 - 10:30
- Anatomy of periodontal tissue. Differences between healthy and diseased periodontium. Ethiopathogenesis of periodontal disease.
- 10:30 - 11:00
- 11:00 - 13:00
- Risk factors. Classification of periodontal diseases. Epidemiology.
- 13:00 - 15:00
- 15:00 - 16:30
- Periodontal diagnosis (clinical, x-ray, advanced).
- 16:00 - 17:00
- 17:00 - 19:00
- Treatment plan for periodontal patients. Periodontal diagnosis and prognosis. Dra. Estefanía Laguna.
- 19:00 - 20:00
- Non-surgical periodontal treatment: Control of the systemic phase and factors relevant to success. Dra. Mercedes López.
- Sábado 10 de febrero
- 9:00 - 11:00
- Root scaling and planning: Instruments, clinical and microbiological results. Different protocols of the basic phase. Dra. Estefanía Laguna.
- 11:00 - 11:30
- 11:30 - 12:30
- Coadjutant treatments for periodontitis (anti-microbial). Dra. María Mínguez
- 12:30 - 14:00
- Periodontal re-evaluation. Clinical analysis of the results and assessment of the surgical phase with the presentation of clinical cases. Dentine hypersensitivity. Dra. María Mínguez.
- 14:00 - 15:30
- 15:30 - 16:30
- Periodontal maintenance. Dra. Estefanía Laguna.
- 16:30 - 18:00
- Discussion of clinical cases. Dra. Mínguez, Dra. Laguna, Dra. López.
- 18:00 - 18:15
- 18:15 - 20:15
- Root scaling and planning practice on phantoms. Dra. López, Dra. Sánchez.
- The aim of the practical component is to impart the skills required to ensure a correct grasp of the theories described above.